North Central Ohio area unemployment down in May
U.S. Army Field Band’s ‘Jazz Ambassadors’ to play free concert at the Renaissance
REVIEW: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ has too many characters
Mother of 4 pursues digital media design degree on Knox campus
Area students to present research at Mount Union’s SCHOLAR Day
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- North Central Ohio area unemployment down in May - 10:35 am
- U.S. Army Field Band’s ‘Jazz Ambassadors’ to play free concert at the Renaissance - 11:02 am
- PALCON completed at MVNU - 12:31 pm
- MVNU to host pastors and leaders conference - 9:44 am
- Bucyrus City Council committee meetings to be held - 1:05 pm
- Community police reports-June 8 - 12:56 pm
- Melissa Stallard’s “The Shrinking City” to be displayed at MVNU - 4:13 pm
- Fredericktown student receives FCBank Scholarship - 3:12 pm
- Danville Lion’s Club to host 5K for fallen officer Tom Cottrell - 1:55 pm
- Fredericktown High School announces scholarship recipients - 9:02 am
- 17-year cicadas making appearance throughout North Central Ohio for the first time since 1999 - 1:30 pm
- Mount Union names area students to Dean’s List - 9:24 am
- Unemployment up for North Central Ohio area in April - 12:15 pm
- Mount Vernon native performs at University of Findlay recital - 4:14 pm
- American Pickers headed to Ohio - 9:26 am
- Fredericktown Garden Club hosts April meeting - 4:41 pm
- Mount Vernon hotel holds ribbon cutting event - 9:31 am
- REVIEW: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ has too many characters - 6:15 pm
- USTA awards $18,000 grant to Kokosing Valley Tennis Association - 11:55 am
- MVNU awards Kunselman honorary degree - 4:55 pm updated: 4:55 pm.
- American Red Cross of Knox to hold ‘Heroes Reception’ - 4:59 pm
- Ice cream socialheld at local market - 1:32 pm
- MVNU hosts commencement ceremony over the weekend - 12:24 pm
- Proposals for Bellville, I-71 area to appear before planning commission - 10:56 am
- Long-time Bellville pharmacist, caregiver retiring after four decades with Hursh Drug - 2:44 pm
- Give blood with the Red Cross during Trauma Awareness Month - 1:43 pm
- USPS to host passport fair - 12:23 pm
- OBITUARY: Jacqueline Ann Quinn - 6:10 pm
- Centerburg grad named to honor society at Ashland University - 3:33 pm
- UF Students Participate in 2016 Symposium for Scholarship and Creativity - 2:35 pm
- Mother of 4 pursues digital media design degree on Knox campus - 6:04 pm
- Area students to present research at Mount Union’s SCHOLAR Day - 6:01 pm
- OBITUARY: William R. Hughes - 5:53 pm
- Mount Vernon native wins Delta Mu Delta at Troy University - 5:47 pm
- Community invited to ribbon cutting at The Mount Vernon Grand Hotel - 5:43 pm
- Mount Vernon native member of Ashland University Geology Club - 5:40 pm
- Fredericktown native slated to present Heidelberg honors project - 5:37 pm
- Mount Vernon natives recognized at 2016 Mount Union Honors Convocation - 5:33 pm
- Howard native receives departmental award at Ashland University - 5:30 pm
- Area students members of The American Chemical Society - 4:23 pm
- Rep. Ruhl announces passage of bill creating sales tax holiday for back-to-school purchases - 4:21 pm
- Events set at Bellville library - 1:43 pm
- Recital set May 1 in Butler - 1:41 pm
- Shelby Health and Wellness Center opens today - 7:14 am
- ODOT District 3 weekly construction report – April 25 - 7:05 am
- REVIEW: “The Jungle Book” doesn’t measure up to “Zootopia” - 6:19 pm
- DAR members attend state conference - 8:05 am
- Stellar fares well at regionals - 7:36 am
- Fredericktown police officer gets commendation for heroic actions - 4:47 pm
Danville Lion’s Club to host 5K for fallen officer Tom Cottrell
The Danville Lion’s Club will again host the annual 5K Run and Walk on June 18 as part of the 2016 Danville-Howard Turkey Festival. The Lions ha...
Fredericktown High School announces scholarship recipients
The Fredericktown High School Alumni Association is proud to announce the awardees of its 2016 Scholarships, which were presented at the Senior Awards...
Mount Union names area students to Dean’s List
The following area students were named to the 2016 Spring Dean’s List at the University of Mount Union.Erin Bell of Mount Vernon; Bridget Dennis...
Unemployment up for North Central Ohio area in April
The year-to-year jobless rate for counties in the North Central Ohio area increased or were stagnant in April.The unemployment rate for Crawford Count...
Mount Vernon native performs at University of Findlay recital
Jessica Gable, of Mount Vernon, recently performed in the University of Findlay’s spring piano recital.Gable played “Gavotte,” by G....
Naveau: LCC grad O’Connor in control in Michigan State spring game, quarterback race
Tyler O’Connor went into Michigan State’s spring football game on Saturday as the leading candidate to take over as the No. 1 quarterback ...
Great weather for turkey hunting over weekend
What a perfect weekend of turkey hunting. After the return to winter last weekend, Mother Nature blessed the youth turkey hunters with near perfect we...
Many young hunters found success during Ohio’s 2016 youth spring wild turkey season after 1,564 birds were harvested, according to the Ohio Depa...
Two SW Ohio wildlife areas to temporarily close roads and parking lots
Access to roads and parking lots located at the Rush Run and Pater Wildlife Areas will temporarily close starting in May according to the Ohio Departm...
Ohio hunters harvest more than 2500 wild turkey during opening day of season
Ohio hunters checked 2,511 wild turkeys on the first day of the wild turkey hunting season, April 18, 2016.• In 2015 hunters checked 2,335 wild ...
Ohio holding free fishing weekend May 7-8
Ohio is known for its world-class fishing, and on May 7 and 8, state residents are invited to take part in the annual free fishing weekend, according ...
YouTube star to perform at Tiffin University
With over 18 million views and nearly 200,000 subscribers, Tiffin University senior Heather Traska has attracted a massive online following of her a c...
Community invited to MVNU Music Department spring concerts
The Music Department at Mount Vernon Nazarene University will present three spring concerts that are free and open to the public.The first concert wil...
Brian Steel presents “Impaired Perceptions” at MVNU
Brian Steel’s “Impaired Perceptions” will be on display at Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s Schnormeier Gallery May 4 to Jun...
REVIEW: “The Boss” not much fun
“The Boss” is a movie that features a montage of a girl being dumped on an orphanage, Melissa McCarthy break-dancing, an extended mouth-sp...
Allergy woes: Downside of good hygiene?
COLUMBUS - All the runny noses and itchy eyes tell us it’s allergy season in Ohio. From April to June, grass pollen creates problems for many. I...
Butler museum to host historical presentation
The Butler Museum will host “A Night at the Museum - Where The Past Comes to Life” 4-7 p.m. April 16.The museum is located at 43 Elm St., ...
Safe, Effective Options to Treat Pain
America is in the midst of an opioid epidemic. Sales of prescription opioids have nearly quadrupled since 1999. According to the Centers for Disease C...
Create Inviting Outdoor Spaces
The arrival of milder temperatures means dining al fresco, hosting neighborhood cookouts and enjoying intimate cocktail parties under the stars. When ...
Steakhouse Quality in Your Own Backyard
Here’s a secret: You know those mouth-wateringly delicious steaks you pay top dollar for at steakhouses? You can come pretty close to replicatin...
Summer Spritzers to Sip and Share
No gathering on a warm summer day is complete without an array of food and chilled refreshments. This summer, add some fun to the beverage cart with f...
Help Fuel the Simple Joys of Summer for Kids in Need
Summer is about fun and freedom - and to most kids, it means months filled with playing in the sun, swimming at the lake or playing baseball in the pa...
Small-Scale Home Upgrades with a Big Impact
When it comes to remodeling, there are dozens of ways to improve your home’s overall value and appeal without breaking the bank. Opt for project...
Shelby Health and Wellness Center opens today
The Shelby Health and Wellness Center will hold its grand opening open house from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. April at its new facility at 31 E. Main St., Shelby.G...
Report: People in the Midwest actually appreciate hearing voice and music messages on hold
Generic ‘please hold’ messages are perceived as a major irritant for customers, but research has found people in the Midwest actually feel...
AgCredit announces profit sharing
AgCredit — one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness—recently reported net income of $47...
In the red: Ohio women demand equal pay
COLUMBUS - It’s Equal Pay Day, an observance that symbolizes how far into 2016 women have to work to catch up to the wages men earned in 2015.De...
Central Ohio Center for Character Ethics adopted into BBB National Institute for Marketplace Trust
As part of its commitment to trust in the marketplace and ethical business leadership, the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBB Institute) is laun...